Often, people claim that the first thing they notice about someone is their eyebrows. Because of this, eyebrows have become one of the focal points in the beauty industry. Here at Salon Madeleine, we believe that the best way to achieve the look that many clients aim for is waxing. It is the most efficient way to remove hair from around the eyebrows with precise control of the shape, arch, and thickness. At our salon, we ensure the best experience we can supply, from our esthetician to our wax, even to the facial table you’ll relax on.
The Type of Wax We Use
We take skin seriously, which is why our salon promise is to never put something in or on your skin and hair that could potentially harm our clients in any way. We can provide our clients with peace of mind that our wax is made of only the highest-quality ingredients. The products we use in waxing are derived from natural waxes formulated out of resin, pure beeswax, and natural plant oils. Our waxing products are made this way to provide extra conditioning to the skin. We know that waxing can be a bit uncomfortable, and that’s the exact reason we swear by our low-temperature, all-natural wax at Salon Madeleine.
How Eyebrow Waxing Works
Eyebrow waxing will remove any unwanted hair from the brow region and allow for shaping to achieve the client’s desired look. The waxing process eliminates the root of the hair follicle, which is known as the depilatory process. This process is as follows:
- The esthetician will begin with a quick consultation to understand the client’s eyebrow goals
- The wax process will start when the waxer applies our gentle wax to the desired areas of the skin
- Once the wax has hardened to the skin, the esthetician will remove it by pulling the wax strip in the opposite direction of the hair growth pattern
*NOTE: Our wax is heated. However, it stays at a lower temperature than most and will not burn the skin.*
Waxing any area of the body can be intimidating, which is why we’ve compiled a few tips and tricks to make our client’s experience less uncomfortable.
- If clients are worried about being uncomfortable after their appointment, we suggest taking a pain reliever pre-wax.
- We advise clients not to use any lotions or oils on their bodies before coming into the salon for the best results. This suggestion also includes tanning lotions. These products can interfere with the waxing process.
- Waxing skin that has been over-exposed to the sun and may or may not have a sunburn can be extremely uncomfortable during the wax. We recommend staying out of the sun before and after waxing to keep any possible pain to a minimum.
The Benefits of Waxing
With so many ways to remove the hair from around your eyebrow area, waxing can provide some of the most long-lasting results. These results of waxing speak for themselves. However, a few of the most common benefits include:
- Smooth Skin: Clients can both see and feel how soft and hairless their skin is as soon as the appointment is complete. Since the wax removed the hair from the follicle, there will never be any unsightly razor bumps!
- Healthier Skin: Waxing treatments are done for hair removal, but the process also exfoliates the waxed areas. Products can better absorb into the skin with the dead cells removed from the surface.
- Thinning Hair: The more an individual is waxed, the thinner the hair that eventually grows back will become. Some say that their eyebrow hair grows back softer than before, too.
- Long-Term Results: By removing the follicle at the root, the hair growth process can take up a few weeks longer than shaving to grow back. Therefore, results will last better than other methods. No longer will you need to touch up your shave every day!
Silky smooth and shapely, our team advises that clients maintain their eyebrow wax results with aftercare post-appointment. Although we provide premium waxing services, clients must take proper care of the area afterward. A few of our recommendations include to:
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Avoid facials, saunas, and hot compresses 24 hours after the appointment
- Apply a cool compress to the area for comfort if needed
- Avoid sweating and working out directly after
- Try not to rub the waxed area
Waxing Care at Salon Madeleine
Are you ready to get the eyebrows of your dreams? At Salon Madeleine, we promise you will feel the Aveda difference every time you visit! Our knowledgeable team takes extra steps to ensure all treatments are enjoyable and done well with every service. If you’re interested in getting pampered, you’ve found the right place. To book an appointment for eyebrow waxing services, please use our online booking page or call us at (321) 848-1847. Our salon is located at 7954 N. Wickham Rd, Suites 102 &103 in Melbourne, FL. We’re looking forward to taking care of your spa and salon needs soon.
You can always speak with our expert esthetician to determine what waxing treatment is suitable to reach your desired goals. If you’re interested in finding out what other treatments we offer, you can check out our spa services page and read more information about each service. Please read over our salon policies here.